Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Build a Snowman


Good Morning! It's back to work after the long weekend for me. I didn't get as much stamping done as I thought I would would but did get a chance to make my card for the Sugar Challenge.

This is one of the stamps I got when I won the challenge. I think she is so cute. I should have made this card bigger than 5 x 5 though. I didn't realize how big the image was. This week the challenge was a sketch and distressing. It's hard to see my distressing around the paper but it is there. I love the blue and purple. It's really hard for me to not just pick it up for every card, especially in the winter.

I wanted to add some sparkle so I colored the snowman's hat in shimmerz, glittered the fur around her hood and put stickles on the snowflakes. I pulled out my polar white flower soft for the snow. I bought this a while ago for this purpose but keep reaching for glitter on the snow. I remembered it this time. I like the look.

Well I don't have alot of time today since I am catching up from being off yesterday. I hope everyone has a good day.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you like my many layers of card! Let me know if you do. I love reading your comments.

Peggy
SUPPLIES:
CS: SU Bashful Blue, Almost Amethest, Papertrey White
DP: CTMH
STAMP: Sugar Nellie
MISC: Ribbon, Silver Dots, SU Glitter, Shimmerz, Polor White Flower Soft

6 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

That is so cute, Peggy! Love the image but I have such a hard time with large ones. You did a great job!

nessy said...

oh this is so adorable ~i love that colour combo for xmas cards ~ beautifully made ~just love it!!
vanessa xx

Andrea said...

A lovely card - the colours are gorgeous together, and I love the way you have coloured the image and used the flowersoft and glitter.
Love, Andrea xx

Mary C said...

I love this stamp. This card looks wonderful Peggy! Great Job.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card, adorable cute image and I love those colours.
luv
Debby

Pia said...

Peggy,
I love it, the image is great and the layers, well I lost count! I am too lazy for all that cutting! Another great one!