Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's almost Pumpkin time, TSSC87


When I saw Mary Jo's sketch this week I didn't have any idea what I would do. I found this Class Act Pumpkin stamp and thought it would be fun to color.

After I colored it I couldn't find any DP to match. Then I got my weekly email from
D.A.I.S.I.E. . Every week their newsletter has something free to download. Sometimes it is a stamped image, sometimes things like candy bar wrappers and this week it was free Digi Paper. I thought this might work for my pumpkins and I think it does. I also decided that I wanted to use a stamp I bought at a convention (can't remember from who) that you cut the middle out and run ribbon through it. I bought a few of these but this is the first time I have used one. I'll have to remember the witches hat when I get to doing Halloween cards.

As you probably know I like to put sayings on my cards. I ran out of space on this one and decided just to stamp a little stamp saying "a happy hello". Unfortunetly I obviously didn't mount it straight so it's crooked and as usual with small letters sometimes they don't stamp evenly. Other than that I really like this card.

Thank you for stopping by. Let me know what you think.

Peggy
SUPPLIES:
CS: SU CHOCOLATE CHIP, PUMPKIN PIE
DP: D.A.I.S.I.E.
STAMPS: Class Act, SU
MISC: Ribbon, brads, cuttlebug embossing folder

6 comments:

MJ said...

I think it is adorable. Love all the extras. The paper does look great too. Funny how that worked out. Thanks so much for playing along.

Holly Young said...

Hi Peggy! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and commenting on the squigglefly blog hop! You've got so many beautiful cards here! Love your eye for card layouts and choosing colors that go so well together!

Mary C said...

I love that DP with the pumpkins. Your coloring looks fantastic! Great card!

Debby said...

Gorgeous! I thoroughly enjoyed browsing through your lovely creations.

Heather Huggins said...

What an adorable card!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Love it, Peggy! Your coloring looks great and the paper matches really well.